Table of Contents
Garage doors are crucial components of our homes, and their smooth functioning ensures our safety and convenience. An essential part of the garage door mechanism is the spring. Over time, these springs can wear out, which may lead to malfunctioning of the entire system. In this post, we’ll delve deep into the nuances of garage door spring repair.
Understanding the Importance of Garage Door Springs
The springs in your garage door play a vital role. They bear the weight of the door, allowing it to open and close smoothly. Given their function, it’s clear that if they fail, your garage door might too. That’s where understanding the intricacies of garage door spring repair becomes indispensable.
Types of Garage Door Springs
There are primarily two types of garage door springs:
- Torsion Springs: Typically mounted horizontally above the door, these are wound up and under immense tension.
- Extension Springs: Usually found on either side of the door, they stretch and contract as the door operates.
A Detailed Table on Garage Door Spring Repair
|Spring Breakage||Wear and Tear||Replace both springs. Even if one breaks, it’s likely the other is close to its lifespan.|
|Uneven Door Movement||One side of springs might be more worn than the other||Check and replace the affected spring. Adjusting might help, but replacement ensures the problem doesn’t recur.|
|Noisy Springs||Springs might be old or lack lubrication||Lubricate the springs. If the noise persists, consider replacing them.|
|Door Doesn’t Fully Open||Weak or broken springs||Springs lose tension over time. Replace or adjust the springs.|
Why Choose Us?
At ASAP Garage Doors, we prioritize your safety and satisfaction. With our team of skilled professionals, you can be assured of:
- Prompt Service: We understand the inconvenience of a malfunctioning garage door. Hence, we provide 24-hour garage door repair in Philadelphia.
- Expertise: Our team has vast experience in dealing with various garage door issues, including garage door torsion spring repair.
- Affordability: High-quality service doesn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. We offer affordable garage door repair in Philadelphia.
We proudly serve the following areas:
- Downtown Philadelphia
- Fairmount Park
- Northern Liberties
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I replace my garage door springs?
The lifespan of a garage door spring usually ranges from 7-9 years, depending on usage. If you notice any malfunction before this period, it’s advisable to consult a professional.
2. Can I replace the garage door spring myself?
Garage door springs are under immense tension. Therefore, trying to replace them without proper knowledge can be dangerous. Always hire a professional to ensure safety.
3. My garage door is making a lot of noise. Is it the springs?
It could be. Springs, when they lack lubrication or are nearing their lifespan, can make noises. However, other factors might also contribute to a noisy garage door.
4. How can I maintain my garage door springs?
Regular inspection, lubrication, and ensuring the garage door is balanced can prolong the lifespan of your springs. Additionally, follow a comprehensive garage door maintenance checklist.
Garage door springs are fundamental to your door’s operation. Ensuring they’re in top condition is paramount for the safety and functionality of the entire system. At ASAP Garage Doors, we’re committed to providing you with impeccable service. Whether it’s a minor repair or a significant replacement, our team is here to help. Don’t let a malfunctioning spring disrupt your routine or compromise your safety. Contact us today and get your garage door back on track!